Skip to main content

Populate Modal popup data which is bind to a link button - ASP.net

I wanted to do a POC to my client to show modal popup functionality. So I did a simple page with one Button and a TextBox. That Button is responsible to popup the modal window. On that ModalPopup I implemented a search mechanism. I used Girdview control to show the search result.

I wanted to populate the id value of that search result which was binded to a link button. This gridview and the text box and button was in a AJAX update panel control. I did this because I wanted to have the smothness of the UI.

Now I met a new problem. Because I wanted to get that value out of that LinkButton control and show it in a TextBox control which was out of the ModalPopup.

So what I did was, I just assign that LinkButton's text property to a HiddenField and I used a JavaScript function to populate that HiddenField value the TextBox.

As you all know we need a Panel control to show our ModalPopup. This is gonna be a <div> on the HTML. So I used the onblur event to call my JavaScript function.

So my problem is solved. :D

I think this will help you all one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exit a T-SQL Cursor When Condition is met

Have you ever wanted to exit from a cursor when a condition is met? I wanted to do it. So this is how I did it. DECLARE @Field1 AS INT DECLARE @Field2 AS INT DECLARE CursorName CURSOR READ_ONLY FOR SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM TableName OPEN CursorName FETCH NEXT FROM CursorName INTO @Field1, @Field2 WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN IF @Field1 = 1 BEGIN GOTO ENDCURSOR END FETCH NEXT FROM CursorName INTO @Field1, @Field2 END ENDCURSOR: CLOSE CursorName DEALLOCATE CursorName I have set my fonts to bold where you want to notice. So that's all I hope you will get something out of it and it is true that this is not a big deal. :)

Step by step guide to fix Angular app refresh issue in IIS

If you deploy your Angular app in IIS, routing will be handled from the client. So when you refresh a page it will give you 404 error. To get ride of the above-mentioned situation we have to follow the steps as follows: Before deploying anything on IIS, you have to install the URL Rewriting module on the IIS server. Please refer the link. After the installation, you should be seeing the following icon. If you are above to deploy an Angular app when is developed with ASP.Net Core. That deployment steps are explained in my previous blog post . That blog spot explains one issue I came across when I was deploying Angular 7 App with ASP.Net Core in IIS. So now we are done with IIS side installation next, we have to check the deployment files. You have to make sure that web.config file. web.config should contain the followings: <?xml version=”1.0" encoding=”UTF-8"?> <configuration> <system.webServer> <rewrite> <rules>

Generic Repository with Entity Framework Core

Recently I worked on a project with ASP.NET Core which uses Entity Framework Core. With them, I used a generic repository pattern in the data layer. Repository interface was like below: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq.Expressions; using OnlineSurvey.Models; namespace OnlineSurvey.Data { public interface IRepository<T> where T : BaseEntity { T GetById(int id, params Expression<Func<T, object>>[] includExpressions); void Add(T entity); void Delete(T entity); void Delete(int id); IEnumerable<T> GetAll(params Expression<Func<T, object>>[] includExpressions); IEnumerable<T> Find(Expression<Func<T, bool>> where); int Count(); } } And the implementation was like below: using System; using System.Data.Entity; using System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure; using System.Collections.Generic; using Syste